Unix/Linux Operations Engineer
Location Bangalore, India
Employment Type Contract
Telecom company based in Dublin is currently seeking an Operations Engineer to be based on one of their customers site in Bangalore, India for a 6 months contract starting in January.
* Technical responsibility for successful and on-time deployment of projects to which they are assigned
* Physical installation of proprietary H/W at customers data centres, and integration of same with customers data network infrastructure
* Installation and configuration of software application in a Linux environment
* Completion of technical documentation for new deployments
* Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, software logs, systems logs, hardware alarms etc to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products.
* Creation of new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
* Ensure established quality control procedures are adhered to as well as be able to refine and improve upon them
* Travel to international customer sites will be required from time to time
Technical Skills/Experience Required:
* Minimum 1-2 years experience working in the Mobile Telecoms environment.
* Minimum 2-3 years experience in supporting complex IT systems in a UNIX/Linux environment.
* Minimum 2-3 years experience working with UNIX/Linux systems, including file system management/creation and network configuration/troubleshooting.
* 2-3 years UNIX/Linux scripting. e.g. bash/awk/sed.
* UNIX/Linux Hardware experience desirable.
If you are interested please send your Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org