Job: Systems Analyst
Location Winnipeg, MB Canada
Requisition # 1637950
Job Location Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job Stream Information Technology
Job Type Permanent, Full-Time
Number of Positions Open 1
Start Date of Employment ASAP
Posting Date 26-Jan-2012
Travel Required Not Required
Educational Requirements Bachelors Degree
Additional Languages Required English
Our financial services client is looking for Senior and Intermediate Systems Analysts to work alongside other I.S. professionals and with business clients to design and deliver I.S. solutions that meet their business objectives. Our ideal candidate will grasp and apply the benefits of new technologies, and offer strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are looking for an individual who is an effective communicator, can adapt easily to change, demonstrates strong customer service skills and works well under pressure. As a member of the project team, you will contribute to the success of initiatives by leveraging your knowledge and skills to contribute to the continuous improvement of practices, and helping to ensure end-to-end quality assurance. If you are a candidate that possesses these skills and is interested in working for a successful company with great benefits, compensation, and opportunity for growth in a location where there is low cost of living, short commutes, and is family friendly then this is the role for you!
* Liaising with Business Clients and key decision makers to understand industry trends, to define the business model, business objectives and drivers, and to articulate business needs, opportunities and requirements.
* Preparing the business case, scope and estimates for projects working with the Project Manager to develop the project plan.
* Eliciting requirements from Business Clients through the use of interviews, workshops, business process analysis, business scenarios, and use cases.
* Leading the analysis and conceptual design of the solution, working with the Systems Architect and Software Developer to achieve the client and corporate objectives through effective deployment of technology.
* Ensuring a quality system by mapping system specifications and functionality back to the business requirements and business needs, and presenting alternative solutions to Business Clients.
* Provide peer reviews and feedback, guidance and coaching to other team members.
* Post secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline (Management Information Systems, Commerce, Business Analysis, and Business Administration).
* Minimum 5 years experience working with business principles and a broad range of business functions including, but not limited to:
* Requirements elicitation and management;
* Technical specifications;
* Logical data modeling ;
* Business process modeling ;
* Usability engineering ;
* Object oriented analysis and design;
* Quality assurance and testing;
* Strong understanding of IS Methodologies, processes and practices, and experience with functional systems analysis, modeling and design.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills that rely on a structured approach to problem solving.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure.
* Demonstrated understanding of information technology/ information systems and their ability to enable business.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience