Senior Cardiac Technologist – Oman
Sultan Qaboos University Hospital is a teaching hospital situated within the campus of the Sultan Qaboos University and has 550 beds capacity. We invite applications for the following post:
SENIOR CARDIAC TECHNOLOGIST (MALE) in the Department of Clinical Physiology:
BSc in Physiology, Biology, Anatomy or related field of allied health professional and a minimum of 6-8 years work experience with Admin, Teaching, Supervisory skills.
• Assist the physician when performing basic and complex diagnostic catheterization
• Assist the physician when performing basic and complex interventional procedures
• Scrubs in” with the physician and helps catheters, guidewires, preparing PTCA balloons and stents
• Collects the necessary supplies and passes them to the physician in a sterile approach
• Maintains procedural report of everything that is done including all supplies that are used and all medications involved
• Monitor patient’s heart rhythms and blood pressure for any change during procedures
• Operate physiologic and radiographic equipments in a safe and efficient manner by:
• Operating physiologic recorders/database systems with expertise, recognizing arrhytmias and normal/abnormal waveforms
• Operating manifold, power injector and other support equipments
• Operating radiographic equipments (on emergences) utilizing radiation safety procedures
• Recognizing basic equipment malfunctions and reporting to Chief cardiac cath tech
• Display good patient assessment skills and notify nurses or physician when patient condition warrant
• Have the ability to educate patients of expectations before, during and after procedures
Record all pertinent procedural data and generate cath reports from diagnostic or interventional procedures
• Maintain high standards of services to achieve quality patient care
Tax-free salary in Oman, addition to a good remuneration package, free furnished accommodation, electricity and water allowance, 48 days paid annual leave with return air ticket, end of contracts service gratuity and free medical treatment in the hospital. Contracts are for 2 years, renewable by mutual agreement.
Oman is a modern and peaceful country situated on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Its many unspoiled beaches and dramatic mountains and valleys make Oman a haven for those who enjoy the outdoor life.
Please send your CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, relevant pages of passport and a recent passport size photo to:
Director of Personnel Affairs Department, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, P.O. Box 38 Al-Khod, PC 123, Sultanate of Oman or send the above at E-mail address: email@example.com