Job: DBA (Database Administrator)
Location Nottingham, United Kingdom
Salary/Pay Rate 50000
Employment Type Full Time
Great opportunity for an experienced DBA – Database Administrator to join a well established telecoms outfit based in Nottingham.
• Working in the database team to deliver support for our database and applications customers.
• Being part of a support team to resolving incident “tickets”.
• Identifying improvements and advising on best practise.
• Providing Oracle apps / database and Exadata consultancy to our clients.
Essential Technical Requirements:
• Proven experience of administering Oracle databases in a 24×7 environment (Production).
• Oracle Application server and Weblogic knowledge
• Ebusiness Suite experience with proven experience of patching, cloning and upgrades.
• Significant troubleshooting and performance tuning skills/experience
• Demonstrable ability for Installation, tuning and administration of Oracle RAC databases (9i, 10g, 11g).
• Strong knowledge of RMAN, Data Pump, OEM and Data Guard.
• Proven experience with administrating 24/7 business critical systems.
• A theoretical knowledge of Exadata/Exalogic